Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another Day

Another day of feeling completely worn out! I am probably tired from always staying up late on the computer. But it is "my" time on the computer so I don't want to give that up, I guess I will just stay tired all the time. :) Or maybe I will try to go to bed early on a couple of nights because when I get really tired then I become really cranky and the kids are usually the victims of my tiredness.

I got the kids up early to see the last free summer movie at the theater. It was Flushed Away. Now that I have seen it for the third time I actually like that movie. Maybe it is one of those movies after watching so many times that it just grows on you. The kids liked watching it again on the big screen. Isabelle and Ethan only made it through the first half of the movie. I was so tired I was trying to get comfortable so I could have a little nap. Dang theatre seats need to lay back farther. :)

I went to Mejier today and picked up some food for dinner. I haven't decided if I like that store. It is a little different and a bit pricey. But they do have really good sales. The kids were getting on my nerves, but it could just have been me being so tired that I could barely handle anything.

I had a long list of things to accomplish today and I don't even know if I got through half of it. Oh well I did the best I could. I worked with the kids on school work. Tyler writes really well for his age and it not just me thinking that because I am his mom. :) I have had a couple of teachers tell me that. Emily wants to read so bad!!! Tyler being in school this year will be good for me so that I can work with Emily. She is such a middle child. I need to make sure she has some one on one time with me. Isabelle can hold a pencil and draw REALLY well. I think she may take after her Aunt Jessica in the drawing department. She can draw things that actually look like people. Good job kids!

We had FHE tonight. We talked about the Liahona and the Holy Ghost. I love teaching the kids. I love watching them learn. They are such sponges, soaking everything up as they go on in life. For our activity we went riding on the Go-Kart. It was a lot of fun! Then for treat we had cupcakes!

Then off to bed with the kids. I had a pounding headache that lasted a couple of hours. Now I am just up late doing laundry. Tomorrow, Sean is heading to the Faulstick's lake house to help with a Young Men activity. He will be gone through Saturday. Tomorrow I am going to try to get my lesson for Relief Society ready. The topic of my talk is, How to Help Others Become Self-Reliant. Great topic for me when I am not even self-reliant myself. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

i feel the same way with my kids! i am tired all the time! i know what you mean about not being self-reliant. but just because you aren't right now, doesn't mean that you don't want to be. and you may have insight about what others can do to help the situation, rather than make things worse. i'm in the same situation as you. we are living with family, too. good luck! i'm actually teaching young women on sunday. i don't know any of these girls! wish me luck!