Friday, August 24, 2007

The weekend Baby!

The weekend yay no homework! It sounds like I am in school again. I don't know how much more I can take from my darling 1st grader. Today he came home with a 100 percent on his spelling quiz. At least that made up for some of the attitude he has given me lately. It is crazy I send a sweet little boy off to school and I pick up a devil child every afternoon. I don't know how much more I can take this before I go bald from pulling my hair out!

Today I pick him and looked through his folder of all the hard work he has done this week. He has done a great job on his school work. Then he shows me, while jumping up and down that he has a free family ticket to a circus that is in town. The ticket is for today and for only 2 times, 4:30pm and 7:30pm. So, thinking I am going to be this super cool mom and it is free I tell the kids to hurry and get ready we will go. I am loading the kids in the car when it actually hits me of what I am about to do. It is sooooooo hot outside and I will have all 4 kids by myself. Too late I had already told the kids I would take them. So, we get to the circus. It so hot and so stinky (from the animals) and so hot that I knew it was going to be a miserable time. I grabbed the water bottles for drinking and an extra for pouring over our heads. I am way to cheap to by that gross, unsanitary, over priced circus food. We take our seats. O.k. the circus was free, but have you ever gone to something that was free and had the feeling you were ripped off. It was a horrible circus. I should have asked them for my gas money back. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get the kids out early, but after an hour of dying in the heat I had a plan. The circus was selling peanuts. Lots of people were buying them and eating them and they would throw the shells down. Tyler is allergic to all tree nuts. If he even gets the oil from the nut on him he can break out in hives. So, I used his allergy against him AND for him. I asked him if he wanted to continue to watch the circus or we could leave, but I did point out the peanut shells ALL around him. Someone even threw one down and it landed on Tyler's pant leg. Well, that was all that needed to be said. He was ready to go and I was ready to get cooled off. :)

We came back home and we all changed our sweaty clothes. Then off we go for the next activity of the night. Little Caesar's Pizza and movie at the Faulsticks. Yum! I love LC pizza! The movie was a disaster. I take full responsibility for it. I chose A Prairie Home Companion. It was strange. We didn't even watch it for 30 minutes before we called it quits. Not one I recommend. The kids did enjoy watching their movie, Aladdin.

I think I am getting sick. I have a sore throat, congestion, and cough. I hope it passes quickly.

1 comment:

Megan said...

So sad that the circus was crummy. Hope you start feeling better!