Monday, September 17, 2007

The Key to a Great Day!

What a great day today was!

Sean stayed home and studied. He also made a couple of phone calls that could REALLY help business. Definitely pray and keep your fingers crossed for us.
I was able to clean, do school work with the girls, take Tyler to soccer and pick up Little Caesar's Pizza for dinner. *( Maybe that is the key to a great day. Make Monday nights pizza nights.)* When Tyler woke up this morning he was not grumpy. He was not grumpy when he came home from school. He did his homework in less than 30 minutes WITHOUT complaining. He did great at soccer practice. He wasn't too resistant at bedtime either!! Holy cow! I can't believe I am typing this!
Emily was such a big help today!
Isabelle was alittle on the cranky side, but hey since I was in a good mood I could handle her.
And lastly Ethan didn't even fall down the stairs head first. Oh my gosh talk about scary. I put Ethan down in the living room and I ASSUMED (we all know what happens when we assume) that Sean was watching him. I was unloading the dishwasher and I went to check on Ethan. I was terrified to see that Ethan was seriously head first down on the first step of 14! I bolted over to get him and in my mind for that second it seemed as if I was running in slow motion and wasn't going to get to him in time. I prayed thanking Heavenly Father that he didn't fall. I felt so shaky and sick when I picked him up. Well I learned my lessons. Don't assume and don't let Ethan out of my sight.
See what great day- no kids were harmed, lessons learned and I didn't have to make dinner.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yes, I've learned that I have to specifically ask Timm to watch Harrison or it doesn't happen. No assuming here either!

Meredith said...

oh wow! yes, i have to specifically tell thomas when he is watching the girls. well, it sounds like you were blessed. hannah did fall down the stairs the other day, about 8 or 9 of them. she literally rolled down the stairs. i was so scared! i can't even imagine how i would feel if she were as little as ethan. congrats on a good day, though!

Lupe said...

So scary! So happy Ethan is alright!!