Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cousins

This summer has been a lot of fun with the kids getting to know their cousins better and developing stronger friendships with them.

Earlier in the summer their was a Bosco Family Reunion held at a local park. That was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen some of my cousins for a years!!! It was exciting to see so many Boscos' in one place. There was a big baseball game put together of little kids and "older kids". It was fun to see my kids, my brothers, my nieces & nephews, and my uncles all out there playing baseball. I got a kick out of how competitive my family is at sports. I was joking around and told my dad that someone came walking by and said to me that they thought it was so nice that we took some old people out of the nursing home for some exercise and sunshine. He didn't think that was very funny, but I was cracking myself up!

A month ago we went to Steve and Tammy's house for Dustine's B-day Pool Party! I can't believe how big the kids are getting, which means how old I am getting! All cousins had a blast with Uncle Phil and Uncle Jeremy slamming and throwing them into the water.

Last week Vanessa and Uncle Cot Cot were in town. The kids were so excited! Ethan of course, had no idea who they were, but he was a good sport about it. Tyler was able to see Vanessa everyday because she came to pick him up from Soccer Camp and they hung out for a few hours each day. To finish how her stay Tyler and Emily spent the night with Grammy, Grandpa, and Vanessa.

It really makes me happy to see the kids love their cousins and have a strong friendship with them. It is a blessing that we live so close to family!

No comments: