Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Love Autumn!

Autumn is my favorite season of the year! This year in the Southern Indiana area it still feels like summer, which is a major bummer being pregnant. I was looking forward to the cool down since the heat was killing my extra weighed down body. The forcast shows that next week will be a little of a cool down in the upper 60's to low 70's, which I am so looking forward too!

If there is one thing I love about this area is the beautiful greenery. I am such a barefoot person. I love being barefoot! I can remember as a child running around the neighborhood barefoot, but the difference is back then the grass was green and much softer. I loved feeling the cool, green, Bluegrass under my feet. Maybe, it is because we live in Indiana or maybe because we have been on a Level 1 drought this year, but the grass looks icky and brown and feels like scratchy hay. I have missed that wonderful feeling, but as I was making the drive from work to picking up the kids I was reminded of another reason why I LOVE living in this area- The Trees! Words can NOT describe the beauty you see from all the different trees. The golden yellows, vibrant reds, and the Halloween oranges that you see mixed in with some of the leaves that are still green is definitely a picturesque sight! It was such a reminder of how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. To have created this wonderful world full of beauty is such a miracle. I am blessed!

The scenery is not the only reason I love Autumn. It brings chilly mornings and evenings that bring on the feeling of a cup of hot cocoa or apple cider. (Not to mention that I make the best hot cocoa ever!) (: I love wearing sweaters and jeans. I love the happiness this time brings especially with the children. They get so excited with all the holidays coming upon us-putting up decorations, trying new and fun holiday recipes, making holiday crafts. I love snuggling with the kids on cold nights (they are the best heaters :) ). I love making and eating comfort foods! We also have all the excitement of the kids birthdays. Isabelle's is Oct.25, Tyler's is Nov.21, Ethan's is Dec. 12, and then the baby is due in November, too!

I love Autumn!!

No comments: