Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I wish potty training was this successful!

Today was a memorable day for Tyler. He learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. I was actually dreading having to teach him this lesson in life. I was in visioning the falls that would happen. The crying I would have to hear. The scrapes, bruises, and cuts I would have to band-aid up. But it was a success!!! We took the necessary precautions, knee pads, elbow pads, helmet, and gloves. I told him over and over, "Now you will probably fall off the bike and you might get hurt, that is part of the whole learning to ride your bike experience." He listened and was a little nervous, but he did great! I was very pleased with how quick he caught on. I was reminded of my memory of learning to ride my bike without training wheels. If I remember correctly I wasn't so quick. My little sister actually learned before I did-on MY bike! :) Great job Tyler!

Today was a day I actually was able to check things off my oh so long "to do list". I made calls for the computer business. I was dreading that too, because I feel like I am soliciting. I guess I am kind of. But at least I am a nice solicitor. I am not trying to put people on the spot or weasel them out of money. I am simply just letting them know about the services which are now available. I am actually doing them a favor. ;) Ha! But I know that it is still annoying! :)

I am going to get my visiting teaching done for the month. Wahoo! All that I have left to do is drop of the lesson and some goodies to two sisters. Yes, sadly I won't be able to actually visit with them, but at least they will get the lesson. I have one sister who is just a letter only so I don't feel guilty about that.

I have been really thinking about the HFPE activities that are going on now. I think I am going to change them around a bit. I just don't feel what we have going is good right now. I am not comfortable with how things are set up and if I am going to be in charge of it I want it to be WOW! I want the sister to be actually improving themselves at these activities. If they are going to take time out of their busy schedules and time away that they could be spending with their families I want the activities to be worth it. I have a vision, but it is just bringing that vision to reality.

Tyler had a soccer game tonight. At first Tyler was being his usual self at soccer wild and crazy, but then the coach had Tyler play defense and it totally clicked. Tyler was awesome! That must be Tyler's area. He did a great job at defending the goal. The girls had a great time running around and chasing after the extra soccer ball that we brought. Ethan was enjoying running around outside, too! A couple of times I had to run after him because he ran on to the field. He is so cute!

Tyler did a great job finishing his homework quickly. I am not bribing him, but motivating him. ;) He wanted to watch the Halloween Charlie Brown show. (I don't remember what is was called.) So, Tyler quickly did his work. :)

I am glad I was able to teach Tyler how to ride a bike today and spend some quality time with him. Sometimes I feel like when he gets home from school we are always in a rush with activities to do or homework that I don't have very much time with him. So, I am grateful for the time I had today with him.

I just wish Isabelle would catch on with going to the potty as fast as Tyler caught on riding without training wheels. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for Tyler riding his bike! And, I HATE potty training!