Sunday, October 14, 2007

The weekend

The days are just zooming by! I still can't believe it is the middle of October!!
Well this weekend was a blast. ;)
Friday- I had an infection in my mouth caused my wisdom teeth, so I took an unplanned trip to the dentist. I decided then I was going to have my bottom wisdom teeth pulled! The whole procedure was done in NO TIME FLAT! Seriously, I was done within 15 minutes! What an awesome dentist!! So, the rest of my Friday was spent changing my gauze pads, but I was thrilled that that was all behind me. I won't have to worry about any more infections.
Sean was a major help on Friday for me. He watched the girls while I went to the dentist. He picked Tyler up from school. He took the girls for me in the evening. Thanks babe!
When Tyler came home from school I took him to go and drop off cookies to a friend's house that was from the Family Home Evening "Phantom". He did such a great job and was so excited to play the phantom role. We dropped of cookies to someone else's house earlier in the week and Tyler wasn't able to participate so he was thrilled when it was his turn.
Later that evening we ate dinner, or should I say THEY ate dinner. I drank mine. ;) We watched the Fantastic Four the Rise of the Silver Surfer again, but this time with the kids. It is so corny, but hey it is a comic book story. Then later on we watched, One Night with the King. It is the movie about Esther. It was okay. I fell asleep so I will have to watch the ending later.

Saturday- We woke up and got ready for Tyler' s soccer game. When we got there the other team had to forfeit the game, because they didn't have enough players show up. It was a good lesson for Tyler to see why it is important to do your part when you are playing on a team. I told him that his team won the game, because the other team's players didn't show. When you play on a team everyone counts on each other to do their part. I guess it sunk in to his head. All I got out of him was, "I know Mom." I can totally her myself as a child in that boy. :)
So, the kids used the time to scrimmage each other. Tyler needs to work on alot of things. He needs to practice dribbling the ball down the field. He needs to have more control of the ball. He definitely needs to kick it up a notch on speed. And stay out of La La Land. :) He is pretty good! I would like him to stay with soccer. He has great potential and I don't want him to throw all his hard work down the drain.
After the game we spent the rest of the day at home. It was nice to get caught up on laundry. Sean has been a major help with that as well. He has been in charge of switching out the washer and the dryer, but I fold the clothes. Good lil' teamwork going on. Thanks again, babe!
I have been recovering EXTREMELY well from my wisdom teeth pulling. I am a little sore, but not too bad. I have been recovering without any prescribed pain medicine. I am taking Tylenol around the clock, but that is it! I thank Heavenly Father for that. I do feel very blessed with how good I feel.
For dinner I made some grilled cheese and heated soup from a can. Note to self: Can soup is disgusting!! I did try and eat some grilled cheese. That was a little painful. My mouth is still tender. I made some Prune cake. It taste So Much better than it sounds. It taste just like a spice cake, but it has prunes (duh?), but you can't really taste the prunes.
Later we had FHE. Sean gave the lesson on the Good Samaritan. We voted on the activity and watching the movie, Elf won! That movie is hilarious!
Sunday- I woke up and my mouth was sore. I stayed home from church today because of the teeth thing. I let Tyler and Emily sleep in. Emily was running a small fever last night and has a sore throat, so I thought they could use the extra sleep. I went upstairs and got Ethan, Isabelle, and myself some breakfast. I washed dishes and cleaned out the microwave. I don't know why I have so much energy, but I do and I am actually enjoying cleaning right now.
I came down stairs to get the kids and myself ready for the day and then Emily and Tyler woke up. Then, Sean came walking through the door. He left church early to help me out. I feel bad for him because he fell yesterday and hurt his leg. He took some pain medicine, but then a couple hours later he almost had a stomach spasm. Poor guy. His dad gave him a blessing.
The kids have been EXCELLENT today. We read Halloween stories, they played with Play-doh, and now they are making Halloween cards for aunts and uncles.
Well, Ethan Finally fell asleep so I better get off her and go and change Isabelle. AAAHHH!!! Dang that girl! Potty training SUCKS!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

wow! you've been busy! and hannah will NOT potty-train either. she has absolutely no interest in it.