Monday, February 2, 2009

A Month Behind

I am only over a month behind on writing down what has been going on with the family. Looks like I am not doing well on one of my New Years Resolution. ;)

Things have been moving right along this year. We just are coming out of a week long ice storm. Hundreds of thousands of people have been without electricity for almost a week. We were very blessed to have only lost power for a day. Not a day goes by and I don't thank my Father in Heaven for that blessing! Not having electricity is one thing, but not having it with children is whole new experience. The kids were very good. Sean and I were a little prepared. We have a propane heater, some kerosene lamps. We kind of camped out downstairs. I read some library books to the kids by light of a flashlight and they really enjoyed that! I actually wasn't home most of the day so that was nice too. I took Isabelle to the ER and Sean cooked lunch a yummy lunch of canned spaghetti and meatballs on our new indoor propane grill.
I know Sean wasn't happy that our electricity was out, but he never complained. He seemed excited to use all of our new emergency preparedness purchases. ;)

Yes, I took Isabelle to the ER because the night before she fell and hit the back of her head on Grammy and Grandpa Brown's fireplace. She had a scrape on the back of her neck and a big knot on the back of her head. We called the doctor and followed the directions they gave us, but the next day Isabelle kept throwing up. I called the doctor and he said if it gets worse then take her to the ER. Well, it got worse. She couldn't keep any food down and she cried and cried that front of her head hurt. So, I took her in. (I was nervous that the roads were going to be really bad, but the Lord blessed with ice and snow free roads.) We were at the hospital for a few hours. They took a CAT scan but they came to the conclusion that her head was okay, but she is getting the flu. I would much rather for her to have the flu than a concussion, so I was happy. When we got home that evening the electricity was back on and stayed on!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOu guys are more prepared than we are. Good for you:) We would be cold and somewhat hungry:)