Friday, September 19, 2008

Gone With The Wind


This past Sunday afternoon we received some crazy strong winds. I hear it was "leftover" winds from Hurricane Ike. The winds caused some serious damage to the area. We were very blessed that nothing serious happened to us. We were with out power from Sunday afternoon through Thursday afternoon. Monday evening we were able to borrow a generator. We went to purchase a generator, but EVERYWHERE was sold out! We were told clear up to Cincinnati stores were sold out! CRAZY!! The kids were out of school everyday except for Friday. They went with a 2 hour delay on Friday. Why even bother attending school a few hours out of the week?


I thought about a few things from this incident-


1. We were truly blessed. Nothing happened to the house, family or friends.

2. Like the scripture says, If ye are prepared ye shall not fear. (or something like that). Well, I wasn't so much scared, because I knew eventually the electricity was going to come back on. So let me add my own scripture, If ye are prepared life will not be as sucky! I have made mental notes and tangible notes of things we are going to be purchasing in the near future.

3. I hope Mother Natures leaves the gone with the wind stuff to Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler! :)

2 comments:

will, jess, gabbie, kensie, cambrie... said...

hmm...that is weird...you said that i was bad at blogging. you need to post more stuff,alish, okay?

Unknown said...

isn't it about time you update your blog??